Friday, April 10, 2009

Learning Patience All Over Again

We saw the oncologist this morning about starting radiation treatments for this enormous plasmacytoma on my shoulder, and a small, but growing, place under my left eye. We hoped to get started, but, today turned out to be just a preliminary event. Now we have to return on Tuesday for some scans, then we may start actual treatment on the following Monday. I know there has to be a plan, but why all of the seeming foot-dragging? It has been more than a month since I first called my oncologist about this place on my shoulder. The good news from today is that they want to finish the radiation as quickly as possible, perhaps just two weeks of treatments. Once radiation is complete we can get on with whatever else is planned for treating this (scatological term) disease. The treatments can be harsh, but the waiting is the worst of all. Ah, well. patience, patience.
St. Peregrine, Pray for Us
Blessed John XXIII, Pray for Us
Deacon John
Good Friday
April 10, 2009

No comments: