Saturday, May 30, 2009

We Have a Winner

The sibling donor sweepstakes has come to a conclusion and we have a lucky(?)winner.
The winner is my youngest sister who is a perfect match. I thought it might be her since we are more physically alike than my other siblings. So, she gets the all expense paid trip to Chicago, and unfortunately the experience of Neupogin, a drug designed to stimulate stem cell production. Then there is the real fun of harvesting the stem cells. None of this will be pleasant for her, and I cannot adequately express my gratitude to her for being willing to undergo this for me. Yes, I would do it for her, or any of my siblings, we all say we would do this for one another, but actually being called on to do it, that's different. But she will and I am more grateful than I can express. She is giving me the gift of life, and there is no adequate way to repay her. All I can say is thank you. Please pray for her as she prepares for this donation of life. I get the feeling that the docs in Chicago want to do this as soon as possible, so now it's down to insurance approval. Please pray that that happens quickly, so we can get started again.

St. Peregrine, pray for us.
Blessed John XXIII, pray for us.
Deacon John
The Vigil of Pentecost
May 30, 2009

1 comment:

Unknown said...

prayers going out for the both of you.