Just before Christmas the Nurse Manager from the insurance company called and asked me, "When is the transplant scheduled to be done?' After getting over being stunned I said it has not been scheduled. She procedeed to inform me that my dr. in Chicago had submitted a new protocol that might be acceptable. I thought, if it only might be approved, why would anything be scheduled? She then said that in her research the new protocol may still involve a clinical trial. At this point I was wondering why she called at all. We e-mailed the tranplant team in Chicago and found they had submitted a new protocol, and we were asked to e-mail again in 2 weeks. We did e-mail again and are waiting for a reply from Chicago. Maybe something is about to happen, maybe. It does seem that everytime I write to the insurance company, I get a call from the Nurse. I still haven't gotten the documents I asked for, however. Maybe if I write again more will happen, or maybe not. Oh well, it does seem we are making progress.
Jan. 9, 2010
St. Peregrine, Pray for Us.
Blessed John XXIII, Pray for Us.