Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's Time

As I write this I am back in Chicago. Tomorrow morning the hospital will call, telling me they are ready for me to come in and begin the chemo in preparation for the autologous stem cell transplant. This treatment is the best hope for putting this cancer into remission. It's been a long journey to this point, since being diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma in Dec. I have to admit, even knowing that this is the best treatment available, and that I am receiving this treatment in one of the best places possible, it is still a frightening prospect. I am prepared, however, ready to do what is necessary to get this as behind me as possible. My trust is that God has led me to this point, and I keep my faith in God, believing that I am indeed in God's hands. This may be the last update for a while, I don't know how much access I will have to a computer after entering the hospital tomorrow, or if I will bewell enough to post anything. I will get back on here as soon as I can. Thank you for you prayers, know that you are in my prayers as well.
St. Peregrine, Pray for us.
Deacon John
Aug. 21, 2008

No comments: