Friday, May 7, 2010

Olive Redux

It's been a few weeks since I posted, mostly because I have simply been very tired, and not feeling well. Some of the anti-rejection drugs have played havoc with my GI system. This left me tired, dehydrated, and wondering why I did this in the first place. But my doctor ordered IV fluids to be given at home, and thanks to that and stepping down on one of the meds I feel much better. Since I needed IV fluids, I was reunited with my girlfriend Olive, or at least a close replica. Who knew they made disposable IV poles? Olive II and I got together for a couple of hours a day for the last week. The fluids helped, the cutting back on Cell-Cept helped, and I have actually been hungry! Hopefully in a few weeks I can venture away from this apartment and explore the area a bit. Olive came to my rescue again, this time as Olive II. Maybe I'll take her home with me. Thanks for your continued prayers, believe me they are felt and appreciated.
Deacon John
Friday of the 5th Week of Easter
May 7, 2010
St. Peregrine, Pray for Us
Blessed John XXIII, Pray for Us

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Perhaps the spring pollen in your area is also having an effect on you as well... all during the pollen period where I live I felt a little "overwhelmed" but now that things are really in bloom I am back to feeling more energy.

Rebecca Weber said...

“Have patience to walk with short steps until you have wings to fly.”

St. Francis de Sales

How happy to see another post. Prayers are said daily for you.

Rebecca Weber

victor said...

God alone knows where and to whom my prayers will do the most help and I also wish you a quick recovery if it is HIS Will and me, myself and I can't see why "IT" wouldn't be! :)

God Bless