Monday, February 18, 2008

The Next Step...

A new phase of my treatment is about to begin. On Thursday Feb. 28 we have an appointment with Dr. Todd Zimmerman, head of Myeloma treatment at the University of Chicago Hospital. This is for evaluation, hopefully to determine what steps to take in treating this disease. Dr. Zimmerman is by all accounts one of the leaders in research in the field of Multiple Myeloma. Perhaps I’m reading too much into it, but I find it quite encouraging to be seen by someone like Dr. Zimmerman. I do believe God is guiding this journey, leading us to the best possible place for treatment, long-term remission, and hopefully, one day, a cure. Keep praying!!

Deacon John
Feb. 18, 2008

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My prayers will follow you that day. I will also offer my suffering in the gym for your needs (if you believe in that stuff).

Perpetua said...

I will be praying for you and waving at you as you pass over my fair city on your way to Chicago.