Friday, September 19, 2008

Free at last, Free at last

Saturday, after three very long weeks, I was finally released from the hospital. The autologous stem cell transplant was performed on Aug. 25. Despite some minor setbacks things generally went quite well. I feel good, and I fell even better now that I am out of the hospital. I saw the doctor again on Wednesday and was told that after some more blood tests next week I can go home to Louisville. My blood counts look good, and all further testing can be done at home. All I can say to that is Alleluia!!! God is good indeed. I know this journey is not over, in many ways it is just beginning. I am more convinced than ever that our gracious God is with me every step of the way.
Deacon John
Sept. 19, 2008
St. Peregrine, Pray for us

No comments: