Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Patience Is...

wearing thin. I still have absolutely no idea when the transplant will occur. This is making my life very difficult as far as planning things. I missed NDICE, a national deacons conference, for the second year in a row, because I was awaiting word on treatment. A young woman from my former parish called to ask me to preside at her wedding, at the cathedral, in October. I was honored she asked, but had to decline because I don't know where I will be in October. This is getting to be more than a little frustrating. I saw my Oncologist today and came away no better informed than I was when I arrived. He says the docs in Chicago will make the call. Unfortunately my doctor in Chicago left for another hospital, so now my case has been re-assigned to another doctor I don't know, haven't met, and have yet to hear from. But the hold up could be insurance, I simply do not know. Tell me who to yell at and I will. AAAAAAGH! Thanks for letting me vent. On the brighter side, I just finished round three of Revlimid, and it is working wonders. My blood counts are good, and the only side affect is fatigue. My wife and I did decide, with the doctors approval, that if it seems the transplant will be in Oct. or Nov. we will ask to put it off until after the first of the year. We would rather not spend Christmas in the hospital. Ah well, at least the tumors are gone, the pain is gone, and other than being tired I feel fine. Thanks for your prayers. Kind of windy tonight, huh?
Deacon John
The Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Aug. 15, 2009
St. Peregrine, Pray for Us
Blessed John XXIII, Pray for Us

1 comment:

David said...

I hope you hear news soon. In the meantime, I am glad to hear you are feeling better, though tired. You are continually in my prayers. I hope the next update provides the answers you want to hear.

Peace,

David