Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Home at Last

We finally got to come home to Louisville last Wednesday, Sept. 24. I probably should have written sooner, but I have spent the past week just basking in the joy of being home. There are more tests to be done here in Louisville, but the last blood tests done in Chicago were quite encouraging. If all the other tests are as encouraging, then it may be that the transplant has worked and the cancer is in remission. I understand that although this has been a long journey, it is not yet complete. I do believe that God has been guiding me on this journey, leading me to the best place for treatment. I do understand that although remission may have been achieved, the threat of this cancer has not gone away. I will live with this threat for the rest of my life. I can live with this because I know that God is with me on this journey and in this struggle. My trust is and must always be in God. Only then can I make this journey, without (much) fear. Thank you for your prayers, they have been felt.
Deacon John
Feast of St. Theresa of the Child Jesus, Doctor of the Church
Oct. 1, 2009

No comments: