Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Still Learning

Since coming home I have felt pretty good, and I think I began to believe I was invincible. I am learning, however that there is a difference between recovered and recovering. I went back to work last week, and despite being urged to work only part time, I stubbornly worked full days. On Sunday of this week I served at Mass in my parish, worked a half day at my job, where I led a prayer service, then that evening conducted a meeting of deacons in the region I represent on the Archdiocesan Deacon Council. I must admit that by Sunday night I was tired. Late that evening I got sick, really sick. I began running a low grade temperature, felt totally drained, and Monday morning simply could not get out of bed. It finally occurred to me that maybe I was doing a little too much. OK, maybe a lot too much. I do believe God sent me a message. No matter how good I may feel, I am not completely recovered. That will take time, and I must allow for that time. After all that has happened, I guess I still need to learn patience. Maybe one of these days the message will finally sink in.
Deacon John
Oct. 22, 2008
St. Peregrine, Pray for us

No comments: