Thursday, April 16, 2009

ZZZZZZZZZAPPP

Today I began radiation treatments to eradicate the plasmacytoma on my right shoulder and another place under my left eye. The treatments don't take long, just a few minutes. Indeed, the set up takes longer than the actual treatment. So, I can go on my lunch hour, and not miss much work. Some one asked me today what I was having for lunch so I told them I was having an isotope sandwich with a side of photons. Oh well, it seemed funny at the time. I have only been scheduled for 10 treatments, so one down and just nine to go. Hopefully I'll be able to move my arm freely again. After the radiation it should be a return to chemo, and possibly another transplant. It is the Easter season, a time to celebrate new life. Perhaps this is new life for me.
St. Peregrine, Pray for Us
Blessed John XXIII, Pray for Us
Deacon John
Thursday in the Octave of Easter
April 16, 2009

No comments: