Monday, March 8, 2010

Moving Fast...

I am amazed at how fast things are going on the transplant front. My sister and I went to Chicago last week for testing, getting ready to harvest her stem cells and getting the transplant process started. The tests were done last Wednesday. They called her from Chicago on Friday and want her to come back on this Friday, the 12th of March, to start Neupogin injections, to stimulate stem cell production, then harvest her cells on the 18th. Today they contacted me and set a tentative date for going into the hospital of next Monday, March 22. This time I will be on chemo for 5 days, have a day or two of rest, then have the transplant. So, if this schedule holds, the transplant will happen during Holy Week. We were able to secure the same condo we stayed in last time, well not exactly the same one, but it is in the same building, just upstairs from where we were before. Amazingly the owner remembered us. She was sorry we needed the condo, but seemed genuinely happy to have the chance to help us. We have an appointment to see the oncologist in Chicago on the 17th, St. Patrick's day, and with admission to the hospital being so close we are just going to stay. This fight has been so long, and so draining, having the transplant so close seems almost like a dream. I don't think the reality of it all has set in yet. But barring any last minute strangeness, it's happening, soon. I am more certain than ever that God has guided us to this place, the place where we have the best chance for real remission. Guess I'll have to find a good St. Patrick medal, so much is happening around his feast day. Hey, I've got enough Irish in me, at least enough Celt, I can claim him for a patron too!
Deacon John
Feast of St John of God
March 8, 2010
St. Peregrine, Pray for us.
Blessed John XXIII, Pray for us.
St. Patrick, Pray for us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It can be my birthday gift to you. My prayers go with you sweetie. Hopefully I will get over all of this crud I am going through right now and be well enough to come up and visit you.

victor said...

I also pray that God's Will be done and that all His Angels have a special blessing in store for you, your family and friends.

God Bless